Bending the rules to get the shot.

There's a few rules I follow when taking the 'money shot' photo, the lead photo.  It's the photo that will compel the buyer to keep looking at the listing. I try to make the front door and main window visible, downplay the garage and driveway, show off landscaping, front yard, etc. Usually, it's a straight on photo.

The agent informed me the house was going to be a challenge to photograph and to get it viewed by potential buyers. The home has a lot of shade, long driveway and just a few other factors that can make it look unappealing with online photos.  This home also had a beautiful interior but if you can't get the buyer interested, it's going to be a long difficult sale.

Photo 2 was the  photo I thought  could be the lead photo.  It's a good shot, but I knew there was more there.  It's just a little blah.  Nothing that says,' hey, look at me.' I walked around the property with my trusty ladder for about 10 minutes and then I patiently composed photo 1.  Yup, I bent my own rules to get this shot.  There's a lot garage, big huge blank wall, the front door is hidden and there's a dormant tree hiding the picture window and no front yard..   But wow, this photo tells a much better story.  It's composed to feature and flatter the home.  You can see the steps leading to the front door, the right foreground tree framing the house, a well maintained landscaping, a side yard has some lush green grass, the circular deck that peeks out from the back of house - the whole photo displays just enough information to pull you in.  It's so much more interesting in photo 1 than in photo 2.  Yes, photo 1 is going to get those all important clicks and it did.  I'm happy to report the home went under contract in less than week and the seller was ecstatic.

So the next time you have to photograph a not so photogenic home, bend the rules and get the photo that tells the best story!



Photo 1


Photo 2


For the Summer months I will be offering Specials on my real estate photography packages. Visit here for more details.

Thank you in advance for sharing my Summer Specials with your fellow agents.

Summer Special

$165 – Small Home Photo Package

$185 -  Standard Home Photo Package

$225– Large Home Photo Package


Call today to schedule your next

listing shoot 




Liz Lopez Photography
Specializing in Atlanta Real Estate and Interiors
404-402-8991
www.AtlantaRealEstatePhotography.com